There are a lot of beauty tricks out there, but here are eight you can use every day to look better and feel more confident about your appearance without spending tons of money on expensive products or visiting the doctor for costly procedures. All you need to do is follow these beauty tricks every girl needs to know, and watch as your skin glows, your hair shines, and you feel great!
1) No really, make sure you sleep
We all know the saying, Beauty sleep for a reason. When you don’t get enough sleep, it shows on your face in the form of dark circles and puffiness. Not getting enough shut-eye can also lead to breakouts and a dull complexion. So if you want to look your best, make sure you’re getting at least seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
With busy schedules and a million other things to take care of, it can be hard to find time for self-care, but getting enough sleep is important. It may seem counterintuitive, but if you want to look your best and feel your best, prioritize your rest. If you don’t have seven or eight hours in a day, work on waking up earlier so you get that crucial beauty sleep.
Make sure your bedroom is dark at night and try not to use any screens at least an hour before bedtime; they emit blue light which prevents melatonin production, making it harder for you to fall asleep. Turn off all electronic devices one hour before bedtime as well—they cause artificial light which can disrupt your natural circadian rhythm and keep you awake longer.
2) Add moisture to your lips
Adding moisture to your lips is important to keep them from looking chapped and dry. There are a few ways you can do this:
-Use a lip balm or chapstick regularly, especially in dry or cold weather.
-Try making your own lip balm with natural ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
-Exfoliate your lips once a week with a sugar scrub to get rid of dead skin cells.
-Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your lips hydrated from the inside out.
-Avoid using harsh chemicals on your lips, such as those found in some kinds of toothpaste.
3) Add shine to your hair
A little shine can go a long way when it comes to your hair. If you’re looking to add some extra shine to your locks, there are a few things you can do. First, try using a clarifying shampoo and conditioner to get rid of any build-up that could be dulling your hair. You can also use a deep conditioning treatment or hot oil treatment to add extra moisture and shine. Finally, be sure to use a protectant before heat styling to help lock in moisture and prevent damage.
4) Get rid of blackheads
A lot of people think that the only way to get rid of blackheads is to go to a dermatologist or esthetician and have them professionally extracted. But there are actually a few things you can do at home to get rid of blackheads yourself!
- Use a facial steamer. Facial steamers open up your pores and help loosen any dirt and debris that might be clogging them. This makes it easier to remove blackheads. Just make sure to use a steamer that’s appropriate for your skin type.
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Removing these dead cells will allow other products, like oils, serums, and moisturizers, to penetrate more deeply into your skin—and make you look brighter. You can exfoliate with a face scrub once a week (or as often as needed), but if you want extra-smooth skin, try using an exfoliating toner in between washes.
- Scrub with baking soda. Baking soda has natural purifying properties that help cleanse pores without irritating them as some scrubs can. Plus, it’s less expensive than other scrubs!
5) Mix up your moisturizer with coconut oil
We all know that coconut oil is great for cooking, but did you know that it can also do wonders for your skin? Simply mix a few drops of coconut oil with your regular moisturizer and apply it to your face and body. You’ll instantly feel more hydrated and your skin will look healthier than ever before. Plus, the added bonus of the coconut scent will make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation.
Using coconut oil as a moisturizer will instantly add moisture to your skin, but it can also help reduce dry patches and make your skin appear smoother. You’ll likely see improvement in just a few days of applying it, though you may have to apply coconut oil a few times per day at first to build up an adequate amount of hydration. Coconut oil isn’t sticky or oily like some moisturizers can be, which makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin. It’s also packed with vitamins A and E, lauric acid, and capric acid, all of which contribute to its benefits on your skin.
6) Apply under-eye cream gently
Apply your under eye cream gently with your ring finger in a small, circular motion. Be sure not to tug or pull at the delicate skin around your eyes. Gently pat the area until the cream is absorbed. Do this every morning and night for best results. You’ll notice a difference in the appearance of your under-eye area in no time!
7) Buy a new mascara every 6 months
Many people don’t realize that mascara has a shelf life. After 6 months, bacteria can start to grow in the bottle, which can lead to eye infections. So, even if you’re not ready to part with your current favorite, it’s important to rotate in a new one every few months. Plus, who doesn’t love trying out a new beauty product?
8) Exfoliate your skin before shaving
One of the best beauty tricks every girl needs to know is to exfoliate her skin before shaving. This will help to prevent razor burn and ingrown hairs. Simply wet your skin, apply a gentle exfoliating scrub, and massage it in for a minute or two. Rinse it off and then proceed with shaving as usual. Your skin will thank you!
9) Nail Care
Taking care of your nails is important for both hygiene and aesthetic reasons. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your manicure:
- Always start with clean nails. Make sure to wash your hands and remove any dirt or debris before starting your manicure.
- Cut your nails regularly. This will help prevent them from becoming too long or brittle.
- Use a nail file to shape your nails. Be sure to file in one direction only to avoid damaging the nail bed.
- Soak your nails in warm water for a few minutes before beginning your manicure. This will help soften the cuticles and make them easier to work with.
- Push back your cuticles gently after soaking them.
Let’s recap some of the most important points you must remember.
- Always carry blotting papers with you to avoid a shiny T-zone.
- If you don’t have time for a full face of makeup, focus on perfecting your winged eyeliner.
- A good lip balm is essential for keeping your lips hydrated and looking their best.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin regularly to keep it looking radiant and smooth.
- Invest in a quality mascara that will give you long, lush lashes without clumping or flaking.